Bringing you essential news on restaurants, shopping, arts and other cultural happenings in Seattle. Subscribe to our newsletters, The Must List or Restaurant Insider, for weekly updates.
Fashion & Style Friday: The Vogue Show
It’s Friday and for our weekly update of all things fashion, it’s a no brainer: the buzz coming out of Bellevue Fashion Week. Here are a few quick highlights:
- Witty and fascinating, RJ Cutler’s documentary The September Issue (which opens today in Seattle) is worth a see just to see the rocky yet respectful relationship between editor Anna Wintour and the film’s surprise star, fashion director Grace Coddington. If you missed my mid-week scoop comparing Vogue and Seattle magazine, you can still find it here.
- On Wednesday evening, Nordstrom presented their always-flawless Fall Fashion Show, but almost as impressive as the runway looks were the fashions sported in the crowd. Local fashion blogger (and Seattle mag fave) Kam Martin captures both this week on her blog needle+thread.
- Although the mostly European-based fashion lines at the David Lawrence “Italia: Life in “I” Style” show on Thursday were impressive, we love that local designer Francisco Hernandez of Built for Man (whom we featured in our September shopping issue as one of favorite local buys of the fall) got a chance to shine on the runway.
The week wraps up tomorrow evening with the highly-anticipated Front Row Fashion show produced by Vogue magazine. There haven’t been a lot of details released about the sold-out show, which has ratcheted up the curiosity factor, but Internet buzz says:
- Fashions will be pulled locally from the Bellevue Collection, so if you fall in love, you just have walk across the street to the Square
- Vogue’s other Anne, director of merchandising Anne Vincent will be giving tips on her favorite looks for fall. (Vincent is quite a trend-setter and a dead-on predictor of upcoming fashions, eat those up.)
- Trending towards: Leggings (we aren’t done with those yet, people), boyfriend blazers, chunky scarves, trenches, oversized handbags and gray, black and purple tones.
- Plus: I’ll be a-twittering from @kcalamusa tomorrow night to fill you in on the surprises, stand-out fashions and celeb spottings.