Drink it In! 5 Last Minute Ways to Celebrate Seattle Beer Week
It's been a busy month of drinking. First, Cinco de Mayo, followed quickly by Seattle Beer Week (which is really 11 days). The heady festivities end Sunday, May 18. Here are 5 ways you can still celebrate, whether you just want a cheap pint or a smorgasbord of bacon to wash it all down with. If you miss out on beer week, you'll have to wait until the next alcohol-fueled holiday: summer.
- Thursday, May 15, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m: Sample a selection of Elysian craft beer cocktails (made by the Elysian Bar team) featuring Washington distillers.
- Saturday, May 17: Hosted inside major league baseball stadiums across the country, the Bacon & Beer Classic comes to Safeco Field, where thousands will get the chance to sample hundreds of craft breweries and bacon-inspired treats from local restaurant (including Von Trapp’s, Skillet, Roux, Crisp Creperie and Lecosho). There will be live music, games, cooking demos and beer schools. There are two sesson: noon to 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $59 ($29 for non-drinkers). And because Seattle Magazine is one of the sponsors, we are giving our readers a 25% off discount code: SEATTLEMAG.
- Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Enjoy an all-inclusive 4-course, beer paired dinner and brewery tour with Pyramid’s head brewer and executive chef. Tickets are $50 and includes a growler with your fill of choice.
Enjoy a $3.25 gold-medal RAM-brewed winning 18-ounce beer of the day, all day.
- Thursday, May 15: Disorder Porter
- Friday, May 16: Hefeweizen
This newish UVillage restaurant is celebrating Seattle Beer Week with tap takeovers, beer and burger pairings, live music, and so much more.
- Friday, May 16, 11 a.m. to midnight: $1 off featured IPAs on draft, including Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. Featured Beer and Burger Pairing: Veggie Burger and Hale's Cream Ale for $14.
- Sunday, May 18, all day: All featured beer and burger pairings will be on special for the entire day.