Bringing you essential news on restaurants, shopping, arts and other cultural happenings in Seattle. Subscribe to our newsletters, The Must List or Restaurant Insider, for weekly updates.
Special Menu Gathers Notable Seattle Chefs at the Space Needle
Seattle magazine is the media sponsor for the Space Needle's 50th Anniversary celebration (ongoing through October). And we're glad to help spread the word about the "tastiest" event they've come up with since since their local brewery competition.
A special tasting menu, featuring five entrees from five iconic Seattle chefs, will be available at SkyCity at the Needle (that's the rotating restaurant up top) May 1 - May 31 (dinner only). Each dish has a connection to a particular decade in Seattle's history or that chef's career.
Order off the special tasting menu and you'll not only be tasting a bit of Seattle's famed culinary history, you'll also be giving to charity. Proceeds earned from the menu will benefit the charity chosen by the respective chef.
For hardcore food lovers, a cool $62 gets you access to a special tasting event at the Space Needle's SkyLine event space on May 1. All five "celebrity chefs" will be in attendance (we dare you to get each one to autograph your napkin).
Here's a sneak peek at the tasting menu:
- Dungeness crab en brochette from Jeff Maxfield, executive chef at SkyCity at the Needle
- Poke Belltown from Shiro Kashiba, master chef of Shiro's Sushi (whose new memoir we excerpted in our December issue)
- Fuller's warm spinach salad from Kathy Casey, president of Kathy Casey Food Studios (includeed on our inaugural Food Establishment list)
- Aromatic steamed wild salmon from restaurateur Tom Douglas (also on the Food Establishment list; plus, he just announced some exiting news)
- And, last but not least, Painted Hills strip loin from Jason Wilson, executive chef of CRUSH
Special tasting event: May 1, 5pm-7pm. SkyLine level at the Space Needle. Space is limited. For reservations, contact 206.905.2100 or 800.937.9582.