Food & Culture
6 Spring Looks to Wear Now
Embrace the zigs and zags, the floral and the animal. It's time to go wild with pattern
By Seattle Mag April 6, 2015
More is more when it comes to dressing this spring: geometric patterns, animal prints and bold flora. Layer it on and don’t be afraid to match it—or clash it.
1. Crewneck printed sweater, $250, with coordinating Kerrington satchel, $295, Tory Burch (Bellevue, The Bravern; 425.454.2255; thebravern.com). Tiger Lily pencil skirt in lemon, $250, from J.Crew (downtown, Pacific Place; 206.652.9788; jcrew.com). Sea Life open bracelet, $98 each, Tommy Bahama (University Village, 206.826.8030; tommybahama.com). Tulipan wallpaper, Osborne & Little, W6753-01, available to the trade only, osborneandlittle.com.
2. Bumarine Jacquarded rose organza coat, $2,215, Butch Blum (downtown, 1332 Sixth Ave.; 206.622.5760; butchblum.com). Jayme cut-out dress, $798, Diane von Furstenberg (Bellevue Square, 425.405.7960; dvf.com). Kate Spade New York drop earrings, $48, Nordstrom (multiple locations including, Bellevue Square, downtown, Northgate, Southcenter, nordstrom.com). Atlas rings in bronze and oxidized silver, $150 each, from Grace Gow (gracegow.com). Schumacher Pavillon Chinois fabric backdrop in Peony, available to the trade only, at the Schumacher showroom in the Seattle Design Center (Georgetown, 5701 Sixth Ave. S, No. 190; 206.763.8110; fschumacher.com).
3. Pastel Exotic printed leather coat, $3,670, Longchamp (longchamp.com). Leopard print cross-body bag with lasered cork on black mesh and leather, $1,595, Jimmy Choo (Bellevue, The Bravern; 425.646.1111; us.jimmychoo.com). Africa studs (with removable chain, not shown), $75 each, and Moonscape shield ring, $225, from Grace Gow. The Rowan cat eye sunglasses, $158, by Bobbi Brown, Nordstrom (downtown and Bellevue Square). Funky Zebra fabric in Nero, Diane von Furstenberg for Kravet, available to the trade only, Kravet showroom in the Seattle Design Center (No. 126; 206.762.9370; kravet.com).
4. Rebecca Taylor Silk Flower Press ruffle crop top, $275 (rebeccataylor.com). Silk short shorts, $250, Tory Burch. Stone drop Kate Spade New York earrings, $98, Nordstrom (downtown, Alderwood Mall). Transformer necklace in brass, $225, Grace Gow. Zirconia vinyl wallpaper, Osborne & Little, W6760-01, available to the trade only, osborneandlittle.com.
5. Shadow floral print collection top, $160, and trouser, $199, available at Karen Millen (Bellevue, The Bravern; 425.454.8148; karenmillen.com). Barnacle stud earrings, $85 each, and Barnacle cluster pendant, $275, both by Grace Gow. Stay Gold party banner necklace, $18, by Ban.do, available at Queen Anne Dispatch (2212 Queen Anne Ave. N; 206.286.1024; queenannedispatch.com). Digbyy ankle cuff sandal, $79.95, by Kendall & Kylie Madden Girl, Nordstrom (online only). Sunbird wallpaper by Matthew Williamson for Osborne & Little, W6543-02, available to the trade only, osborneandlittle.com.
6. Trina Turk Florencia romper, $338, Nordstrom (online only). Reversible Classic Tory logo belt in coral, $185, by Tory Burch. Squared Away bib necklace, $98 each, Kate Spade New York, at Nordstrom (florescent pink, online only; dynasty red, Alderwood Mall). Astor Milly clutch, $195, at Nordstrom (online only). Small and large rhinestone starfish enamel bracelets, $34 and $38, by Tommy Bahama (Bellevue Square; 425.274.0268; tommybahama.com). Signature Spotted Cat fabric in Capri by Diane von Furstenberg for Kravet, available to the trade only, Kravet showroom in the Seattle Design Center.
Hair and makeup: Melissa Korn. Hair and makeup assistant: Tasha Mathews. Photography assistant: Cameron Karsten. Shot at The House Studios. Model: Mikayla S., SMG Models. Styling by Sarah Butler