Queen Anne Farmers Market Debuts With Loads Of New Food Vendors
By Seattle Mag
June 7, 2012
OK, so it’s not the most brilliant day for the debut of the Queen Anne Farmers Market. But come on, we’re used to buckets of rain in June, right?
Slip on your Wellies, grab an umbrella and let’s go.
Because this market – open from 3pm to 7pm every Thursday until October – features an awesome lineup of ready-to-eat food vendors. After all, this is the market that helped Where Ya At Matt build its fervently faithful following. (And, yes, we’re beyond thrilled at the prospect of sitting down inside Roux, Matthew Lewis’s brick-and-mortar space in Fremont, set to open later this summer.)
After shopping for farm-fresh produce, hit up one or more of these tasty spots, serving up everything from tandoori chicken to vegan sammies:
- Big Food will offer slow-braised meat with Indian and Caribbean flavors.
- Bob’s Hot Mini Donuts and Skinny Fries. The name is the menu.
- BUNS on Wheels serves gourmet, natural burgers.
- Chicarepa Venezuelan is one of the few places in Seattle to score an arepa.
- Juice Box mixes up exotic blends using fresh stuff from the market.
- Los Agaves specializes in tacos.
- Maximus/Minimus offers BBQ pulled pork, as well as veggie sandwiches.
- Molly Moon’s scoops – what else? — ice cream.
- Parfait, Seattle’s first scratch artisan ice cream truck, gets motors running with its lineup of classic and whimsical flavors.
- Patty Pan Grill offers seasonal vegetable tamales and quesadillas. Plum At The Market goes green with vegan snacks and sandwiches.
- Rachel’s Ginger Beer Pours it by the glass and sells bottles of its handcrafted ginger beer.
- Seattle Salads will toss fresh-made salads with its amazing dressings.
- Tandoozy is all about tandoori chicken, red lentil dhal and hot naan.
- Theo Dorres will pour teas and tisane.
- Veraci Pizza does Neapolitan pies in its wood-fired oven.
- Where Ya At Matt feeds the cravings for Creole soul food. Amen and pass the red beans and rice!
Thursdays, June 7-October 11, 2012. 3pm-7:30pm. West Crockett Street at Queen Anne Avenue N; qafma.net