This article appears in print in the March 2020 issue. Click here to subscribe.
1. “Dakota” neoprene backpack ($175) by Dagne Dover. Available at Nordstrom (nordstrom.com).
2. Filson’s “Ripstop” backpack ($195) with double front pockets in black. Available at Filson (SoDo, filson.com).
3. “Jet Set” convertible leather travel backpack ($299) in bright blue by Timbuk2. Available at Timbuk2 (downtown, timbuk2.com).
4. “La Jolla” oil-tanned leather backpack ($595) in sunrise yellow by San Diego–based Orsyn. Available at Brick and Mortar (downtown, brickmortarseattle.com).
5. Leather backpack ($279) by Seattle-based Softli. Available at softliseattle.com.
6. Fjällräven’s “Vardag” totepack ($65), lined with recycled nylon, in storm blue. Available at Fjällräven (downtown, fjallraven.com).
7. Leather backpack ($2,425) with orange stitching by Tod’s. Similar styles available at Tod’s (Bellevue, The Shops at The Bravern; tods.com).
Backpacks worn stylishly by Jessica May (Instagram, @jessmay99) and Rashad Little (Instagram, @mrrlittle).