Give the One You Love a Special Valentine This Year
Show a little love this Valentine’s Day with cards created by local printers
By Jennifer McCullum
January 20, 2016
Valentine’s Day cards shown from left to right:
1. Seattle-based BDR-studio’s letterpress “Ampersand” card ($5.50), available at Velouria (Pioneer Square, 145 S King St.; 206.788.0330; shopvelouria.com).
2. “Tea for Two” card ($4.50), hand-drawn in sumi ink, from Honeyberry Studios in Columbia City (honeyberrystudios.com).
3. BDR-studio’s letterpress-printed “Love You” card ($5.50), available at Velouria in Pioneer Square.
4. Grapheme (Central District, 2421 E Union St.; grapheme-seattle.com) letterpress-printed, four-color overlay heart card ($18/set of eight).
5. “You Make Every Day Valentine’s” card ($5), letterpress-printed in Tieton, Washington, available at Paper Hammer (downtown, 1400 Second Ave.; 206.682.3820; paper-hammer.com).
6. “I Like Candy…” hand-set card ($5) from Bremelo Press, by appointment only (Chinatown/International District, 1400 S Jackson Place; bremelopress.com); also available at local gift shops, including SugarPill (Capitol Hill, 900 E Pine St.; 206.322.7455; sugarpillseattle.com). Floral garland featuring David Austin garden roses, assorted eucalyptus, fern fronds, peonies and pepper berries ($150) designed by Fleurt (West Seattle, 4536 California Ave. SW; 206.937.1103; fleurtseattle.com).